The Michigan Psychiatric Society represents the interests and professional needs of psychiatric physicians in Michigan while striving to ensure quality care for people with mental disorders and their families through promotion of education, research, and advocacy.
We envision a future in which psychiatric physicians have the resources and professional support to provide the people of the state of Michigan with full access to outstanding psychiatric care.
- advocacy for patients and the field of psychiatry;
- best standards of clinical practice;
- ongoing continuing professional education;
- collegial and leadership opportunities;
- patient-centered treatment decisions;
- promotion of respectful collaboration with other medical and mental health professionals;
- highest ethical standards of professional conduct.